PE and Sport Premium
Sport is firmly embedded at the heart of our school. We have placed a priority on health, fitness and enjoyment and our aim is to engage all of our pupils in sport - at every age in a variety of ways in lots of different places!
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government will continue investment in the Primary PE & Sport Premium, as announced in December 2015 through ‘Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation.’
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
How we will use PE and Sport Funding at Prescot Community Primary School?
- Improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
- Increase participation in PE and sport.
- Develop levels of excellence in performance and allow pupils to reach their full potential.
- Develop healthy lifestyles.
In Prescot Primary we will use the funding to promote school sport by;
- employing specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE.
- employing a specialist teacher or providing professional development for staff to lead after-school sports clubs.
- providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- procuring quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport.
- Consult class teachers and SENCO and consider the needs of pupil premium pupils throughout the school.
- Consult with class teachers, support staff and lunchtime supervisors to map their CPD needs and obtain any ideas.
- Decide upon a whole school focus that can be measured in some way, for example a health and fitness program for each class. This program will include basic balance, agility, stamina, catching, throwing, kicking and hitting for all ages.
- Mrs Watts to support teachers during PE lessons across the school to develop a more consistent approach to lesson quality, highlighting the 10 HQ outcomes for OFSTED
- Actively promote and focus on LEADERSHIP within lessons, reflecting upon and improving their own performance and reflecting upon and supporting others performance.
- Obtain a group of pupil and staff leaders to support the running of inter and intra school competitions.
- Pupils to become more active in the management and organisation of these events including photographers, reporters etc.
- Regular celebrations and rewards in sports assemblies. Some of the funding to be used for buying in experts in their sports to promote taster coaching sessions particularly with sports that have a local club link.
- Work actively with clubs.
- Investigate the possibilities of collaborations with local businesses.
- Audit resources and meet need.
- Investigate funding streams.
- Investigate previous companies we have used that have provided a quality service with a view to further integration.
- Purchase REAL PE scheme of work for the school and initiate whole school INSET/ professional development for REAL PE.
The PE and Sport Premium for primary schools has enable us to achieve great things over the past few years. It was wonderful to be recognised for our efforts in the Educate Awards. However, we will not rest. We continue to strive for more.