Although there are plenty of activities for all children on their year group pages or on Google Classroom, some children may like or need to access other forms of learning whilst we are staying at home.
Please see the links and attached documents for further ideas and guidance.
Emotional Support and Wellbeing
- Dave the Dog booklet (KS1) - see attachment below
- Rainbow pack (KS1) - see attachment below
- The Anti-Baddies - Resilience Toolkit (KS2) - see attachment below
- My Story about Pandemics and the Corona Virus - Carol Grey (UKS2) - see attachment below
- Yoga - https://www.yogaatschool.org.uk/free-yoga-lessons-for-children-with-autism/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Buzz_Freeyogalessons
Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Social stories and visuals for supporting children with ASC: https://afirm.fpg.unc.edu/sites/afirm.fpg.unc.edu/files/covid-resources/Supporting%20Individuals%20with%20Autism%20through%20Uncertian%20Times%20Full%20Packet.pdf
- Bring The Noise www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bring-the-noise<http://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/bring-the-noise includes SEND guidance and ideas to try at home
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ (available as an app)
Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia/Dyscalculia)
- https://worldstories.org.uk/contains stories in over 30 languages that your child can read and listen to.
General guidance and support
- Links to many SEND websites - https://mailchi.mp/44becfc4710f/m8diu63sdg-2545957?e=98a15733ef
- Knowsley Early Help Hub: Freephone 0800 073 0043 or www.knowsleynews.co.uk/community-hub (online form available under ‘Ask for help and support’ section)
- Otsimo app