P.E & Sport
Prescot Primary and Competitive Sport
Prescot Primary will always endeavour to provide as many sporting opportunities as possible for the children in our care.
It is our mission to offer competitive sport for different ability levels to as many children as possible.
We believe that children who demonstrate excellence in a sporting discipline will have the opportunity to compete and represent their school when the opportunity is available.
Selection for the higher levels of competition will be achieved through consultation with the PE Leader and any staff involved in the delivery of PE and Sports Clubs. Children will be chosen on ability, performance and attitude to the game.
We will always promote resilience to cope with loss, as we will not always achieve the success we want.
“I will never lose, I will only win or learn.”
We will make every effort for children who want to compete, but have not been selected for higher levels of competition, to be able to have a similar opportunity. For example we will:
- Hold inter-house competitions for team sports
- Provide dancers with an audience
- Provide gymnasts with a judge and an audience during club
- Continue to build our competitive relationship with our close neighbour Evelyn Primary, and provide matches for various ability levels
- Enter B and C level competitions offered by the School Sport Partnership.
- Develop relationships with local clubs to enable pathways to healthier lifestyles
Find the PE programmes of study here: